Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Classics Club: Anne of Avonlea

This isn't my version. Mine was a Walmart one. See my post on Anne of Green Gables
Meh. At this point in the series I have a love/hate relationship with Lucy Maud Montgomery. It's probably because I've read this book a few times also. And, I kinda got bored of it near the end. That's not say that this was not a good book. It was. But, meh.

First, the things I disliked. LMM has lots of descriptions that some people like but personally I find boring. I like descriptions of people, animals, and houses, just not nature. And she seemed to get sentimental/moral a wee bit too much. Kinda like Louisa May Alcott when Marmee talks. But not as bad. (Ok, I've just offended lots of people, but the comment box is waiting ;)

Now the things I liked. I really appreciated Anne's stories about her pupils! I teach JR Church at my church and yes, kids say the weirdest things!!! I also like that Anne is maturing and not talking as much. Davy!!! I want to know!!! Yeah, Davy is awesome!

Ok this review was short and horribly written, but this book took me too long to read; therefore, I think I got tired of it :( But I do recommend it!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this book! Great Review also :)
    Sorry about the abundance of GIF usage in my posts btw.. :) I will work on it.
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was not thinking about you in particular when I said that!!! I like your GIFs!

      Delete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D