Wednesday, June 4, 2014

On an epistolary note...



Dear Barnes and Nobles,
1) Why do you play opera one minute, O Holy Night the next, and then some Hispanic song??
2) Must you have $30 books?
3) 30 page introductions in the Barnes and Noble edition classics are not necessary
4) 1 book by Elizabeth Gaskell in the whole store, seriously?
5) I do love you, though sometimes you are expensive

Dear Signet and Bantam Classics,
Thank you for being cheap, paperback, smelling like an old book (though Signet smells kinda musty), and having introductions of a somewhat reasonable length (or none at all). I wish most of my books were made by you. But I haven't seen any Gaskells, really?

Dear Netflix, 
Thanks for Macgyver, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Wives and Daughters, and other cool shows, but you could put Singin in the Rain on streaming, ya know.



Dear Elizabeth Gaskell,
I've heard so much about you. I read the first paragraph of your book and I can tell we will be great friends, once I can get my hands on you!

Dear Carry On, Mr. Bowditch,
I've been looking forward to you for a long time. About eight years, actually. I can't wait to begin Nat's story!

Dear Camp,
I can't wait for you to get here!! Two weeks!!

Dear Charles Dickens,
I'm sorry I found Great Expectations so-so. You are the master of the English language. The way you use words makes me want to shout/laugh gleefully!! I love A Tale of Two Cities!! (Reader be warned of an impending gushing review)

Dear Short Blog Post,
Well that escalated quickly!

So did this GIF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D