Friday, September 26, 2014

What to Be or What Not to Be When Grow Up

My dad always says "When I grow up, I want to be..." He fills it in with something like, "a truck driver," or "cool." Isn't it funny how that when you are a kid, your whole life is planned out, and then, when you get older and get closer to having to make big decisions, you don't know what to do!? I have been praying about what God wants me to do with my life, and here are some possibilities of things I would love to be when I grow up:

1. Journalist

I recently have been looking into journalism as a career. This interest started when I began a blog, and I realized that I LOVE TO WRITE! (Just not fiction I detest writing fiction!! I am so not creative!!) I know many bloggers feel the same way about it too, that's why they blog! I then realized that I can get a job writing nonfiction for a newspaper/website/social media. I got really excited during the events in Ferguson. When I got on Twitter and looked up Ferguson, many journalists were risking their health and safety to cover the event. Even more inspiring was James Foley, the journalist beheaded by ISIS. Here was a man who had been continually risking his life to get the truth out!

2. Editor

I really, really, really like to edit. I like to take my rough drafts, which are usually very bad, and change them into awesomeness!!! (Or at least A+)

3. Sports Journalist

 I also like sports. A LOT. I could use my journalism skills to be a sports journalist, and one day, work for ESPN (which is basically my dream job!!).

4. Referee

I want to be a referee for sports events as a part time job. It is something I would enjoy, and would make money! I have been told that, because I am a girl, I would get promoted really fast!! I would like to ref basketball, gymnastics, and possibly soccer and (American) football.

5. Gymnastics Coach

You don't have to know how to do too much gymnastics to coach beginner levels, so this job is a possibility.

I can't wait to see what God has for me!!

What would you like to be when you grow up? Or, if you're already grown up, what is your dream job?

3 comments:

  1. Sweet post. :-) I love the editing picture... very original indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! :D
    I really would LOVE to be a primary school teacher! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi: Thanks! I really like that picture :D

    Evie: Thanks! You would be a great teacher!!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D