Friday, October 31, 2014

Awkward and Awesome: October

Well, (I seem to start many blog posts with that word) October has come and gone. On to my favorite late-year month: November!! I like November because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, college basketball starts, I get a week off of school, and ASU plays UA in football!! Anyway, this month I had to keep a journal for English class; therefore, I should have a good selection of "stuff" to work with!

AWKWARD
Getting up to see a "blood moon", but it's cloudy for the first time in a month :(

Finding a dead mouse in your church hallway

Being so nervous about your PSAT that you are literally shaking!! (I actually wasn't nervous until I got to the school where I was taking it. Then I didn't know what to expect at a public school so I started freaking out. I think it went well. No results till December though)
Me after the PSAT

Sleeping through three alarms :/

Writing in harmony parts for all the Christmas program songs. Here's where that functional harmony comes in!

Apparently the tallest Christmas tree in the nation is in Phoenix... Hmmm..

Talking to yourself for motivation as you run. "Run hard, there's bean burritos for dinner!"

First college mail


AWESOME 
Pizza and soda with your youth group

CatchPhrase:
"You buy snacks from it at a baseball game"
"Concession stand?"
The word was decongestant. Shaking my head!

Mountain Dew Baja Blast in cans!!!

Tenth Church Anniversary!

Team USA winning  worldgymnastics championships!!

Discovering Lynn Austin

Errol Flynn's Robin Hood. Charmingly insolent and epic!


Eighth row seats at a basketball game

Lolo's Chicken and Waffles

Best waffles evahh!!!
Ernie Haase and Signature Sound singing "Get Away Jordan" Currently on my favorites list!


Intervals!!! (The running kind)

Hiking field trip with your class.

Blessed rest days from your training program!

How was your October?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! :D
    My october was fun! Maybe I should do one of those posts?
    Did you check out my new blog? :D
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your October sounds like it was really cool(-: Isn't Errol Flynn a great Robin Hood?! My best friend introduced me to that movie a year ago, and it was so fun to watch. Aww, I'm sure you did great on your PSAT, I was really nervous too, and you know what's funny, I think that the setting may have been a big part of it for me as well. I did pretty well on the practice test at ten o'clock at night at my messy desk, but when I got to the public school with fifty kids my age sitting next to me, and knowing that this test could or could not mean a scholarship, I didn't do quite as well. Ugg! One more month until scores get back...
    Oh, and I want to read Lynn Austin's book Wonderland Creek as I've heard a lot of good things about it.(-:
    Have a great November. Are you doing NaNoWriMo?
    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie: You should totally do one of these posts!! It would fit perfectly on your new blog!!

    Lizzy: Errol Flynn is AMAZING!! You did great on your PSAT, I know it!! Ugg, one more month!!! You should read Wonderland Creek. It's amazing!! I'm not doing NaNoWriMo because I don't really like writing fiction, but you are making me seriously consider it!! Have fun with yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D