Friday, November 28, 2014

Let's Get this Christmas Party Started!!

Kathryn over at Hidden Orchards is hosting a lovely Christmas party!!! To celebrate, I plan on posting Christmas stuff this week!!! Yay!!! Here's a tag to kick it all off!!
Yes, I took this from her blog!!
#noshame

1.  What's your favorite part about Christmas?
Probably the music!! I love how it gets you in a good mood! And the Christmas story. It seems to take on more meaning each year.

2.  Does your family have any special Christmas traditions?  If so, which is your favorite?
Well, we open a present or three on Christmas Eve. It's either pajamas and a movie, or our family presents. Also, we read the Christmas story before we open presents. My mom is insanely (in a good way :) organized when it comes to opening presents. For instance, she numbers them all so she knows what family member got us each present. I guess that could count as a tradition?

3.  Everyone knows that music is best part of Christmas.  What's your favorite Christmas carol?
Go Tell it on the Mountain because it has so bouncy and fun!! I also like Angels We Have Heard on High, Joy to the World, and Away in a Manger.

4.  What's your favorite Christmas song (i.e. non-sacred carol).
Wow! This is a hard one! Probably Sleigh Ride or Jingle Bells! But I love all of them!! (Except for Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!! It's so sad in Meet Me in St. Louis!!)

5.  What's your favorite Christmas story or novel?
A Christmas Carol (because Dickens, yeah) I also like the Christmases in the Little House on the Prairie books. The Gift of the Magi is good too!
These illustrations have been linked with the story in my mind for as long as I can remember!
Found on the German Wikipedia

6.  What's your favorite Christmas cookie?
Sugar cookies!!! 

7.  Do you shop at Christmastime?  Where's your favorite place to do Christmas shopping?
Most of the time I shop for Christmas. Sometimes I make stuff or tag along with someone else. I do Christmas shopping at Ross, Barnes and Noble, and Walmart. 

8.  What's your favorite Christmas treat?
My mom coats pretzels and peanut butter crackers in white chocolate!! She also makes peppermint bark and chocolate nut candy, but those white chocolate crackers are the best!!! Candy canes are good too, because they last a long time :D

9.  Do you watch Christmas movies?  What's your favorite one?
My mom loves Christmas movies!! I don't really care for the modern ones that much (with exceptions of course), but I really like old Christmas movies!! My favorite is White Christmas!!

10.  We all know how much fun setting up the Christmas tree can be.  Of course, there are always those ornaments that you made in first grade that you would rather forget but they go on the tree anyway.  Do you have a favorite ornament?  What's the story behind it?
We have so many cool ornaments! I love our White House ornaments, our slinky snowmen ornaments, and the little houses that light up when you line them up with the tree lights! My favorite ornament is probably my gymnastics one. My mamaw gets us an ornament every year and I probably got this in 2012, when my gymnastics fever was at its height, thanks to the Olympics :D

This is what mine looks like, minus the glitter :D

Thanks for the questions Kathryn! These were fun!!
And, if you're not already, you should join this party!!

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely, Ashley! Kudos to you for having A Christmas Carol as your favorite Christmas book. Dickens all the way for me, too!

    Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn: Dickens is amazing!!! Thanks for the tag!!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D