Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happppy 2015!!!!

This is a cool New Year's Tag that's been "floating" around! (Lame intro, I know...) And I think this post will use all the GIFs on my cluttered desktop :) You have been warned!

What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Started a blog and done all the bloggy things that come with it! :D
Won MXP in a basketball league
Won second place in sacred piano solo at a Fine Arts Competition (yes, I'm very proud of that)
Went to Atlanta (well technically I've done this before, but I was really little so I don't remember it)
Go to Dollywood at Christmas (see above)
Had a water slide at school!
Watched Studio C!!! Kill the whales!!! (You're welcome :)


Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make one this year?
My New Year's book resolution was to read 50 books.... That didn't happen, but it will next year!

Did anyone close to you give birth?

Two ladies in our church had girls!

Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully!

What countries/states did you visit?
I went to California, Colorado, Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky! I passed through New Mexico too. (I also flew over a lot of other states, but I don't think that counts)

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More patience and faith. A better attitude. A FIVE MINUTE MILE! ahem, excuse me.
Oh I am wishing!!!

What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?

May 23, the day I started this blog!

Did you move anywhere?

No!!! (Moving is stressful...)

What was the best month?
Probably June. I got to go to Knott's Berry Farm, the beach, and camp. And it was summer!! December was good too because I got to visit family and go to Dollywood. And break!
via

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

My MXP of my basketball team :D Also my fastest 5K.

What was your biggest failure?

Losing my temper and having a bad attitude and a bad grade on a Chemistry test...

Did you suffer illness or injury?

I was out of school for two weeks with strep throat and pneumonia. And I was sore a lot (nothing new there!) I skinned my knees and got another cold too!


What was the best thing you bought?

I bought? Probably the old Disney movie collection or my Happiest Millionaire soundtrack. (I don't buy a lot of stuff)

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends because they got saved!

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Certain junior high classmates...


Where did most of your money go?
Walmart, Barnes and Nobles, and Amazon music

What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Knott's Berry Farm, Youth Conference, Peter Pan LIVE!!

What was the best concert you’ve been to this year?

I don't think I went to a concert. UNLESS, you count the shows at Dollywood, so yeah, Christmas in the Smokies or the Kingdom Heirs concert.

What song/album will always remind you of 2014?
Fortuosity, Pentatonix That's Christmas to Me, my arrangement of This Little Light of Mine, and the Sherman Brother's Album.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. happier or sadder?  Happier!
2. thinner or fatter?  Probably thinner!
3. richer or poorer?  Richer! 


What do you wish you’d done more of?

Read, run, pray,  SLEEP

What do you wish you’d done less of?

Waste time ahem...

What was your greatest musical discovery?

Happiest Millionaire and The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band (Now that I think about it, that question was probably about music, but I like my answer :D)

How did you spend Christmas?

I traveled back East to visit family!!

How are you spending New Year’s?

Watching the Rose Bowl Parade and COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS!! Do you know how long I've been waiting for these!!!


Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

Probably my mamaw or my friend. Probably about 1 hour each total... I don't like talking on the phone... Texting though, my friend, hands down :D

What was the best book you read?
A Tale of Two Cities, Vienna Prelude, Rilla of Ingleside!!

Did you fall in love in 2014?

More with God hopefully! (You all are rolling your eyes right now :D )

What was your favorite TV show?
Macgyver all the way!!! Cosby show and Dick van Dyke are a close second and third.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hopefully not...

What did you want and get?

My own computer!

What did you want and not get?

WORLD DOMINATION


What were your favourite films of this year?

That I saw first this year? Okay

Happiest Millionaire
Wives and Daughters
The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band
Holiday Inn
Roman Holiday (the ending... I'm not happy...)
Rio 2 (the animation tho!)
Five Pennies

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

For my sixteenth birthday in April, we opened presents and watched An American in Paris. I got my most recent high score on 2048. (Sad, I know). For my "party", we went to Knott's Berry Farm with my cousins in June!!

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?



What kept you sane?
God and the promise of sleep when I got home. (Seriously, that's how I get through some days! "You can go to sleep and be done with this day in approximately 9 hours")


Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Fancy? Like watch a lot of? Ummm Bing Crosby, Dick van Dyke, Bill Cosby, and Gene Kelly.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More spiritual victories....

What political issue stirred you the most?

The Ferguson protests, the Sydney seige, the Interview release (I did not watch this, but all the hype and North Korea, and freedom of speech, and all that)
MURICA

Who did you miss?

My friends and family!

Who was the best new person you met?

My new blogger buddies!!


Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.

Make God your number one priority and everything else will fall in place.
    
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
He came down to my level
When I couldn't get up to His
With a strong arm
He lifted me up
To show me what a'living is

Five personally significant events of 2014:
Winning the MXP
Starting a blog
Making new friends
Camp
Piano lessons

Five things I want to do in 2015:
Read 50 books
Maybe get a driver's permit
Get a job at my gym
Get some scholarships
RUN A 5 MINUTE MILE

Five people I’d like to know better in 2015:

My bloggy friends!


That doesn't have to do anything with bloggy friends,
but with the New Years Party :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 2014 was great, but odd number years are always better for me, so make it awesome!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Gee I haven't commented in a while have I?! Senior years so demanding what with summer schools and things like that. Short comment I'm afraid but I LOVED this post!! HAPPY NEW YEAR ASH!
    ~Evie :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    MacGyver! My sister and I love that show, and that is an awesome gif. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie: Awww thanks!!!!

    Bethany: Macgyver is awesome!!! Yes, that GIF is the king of all GIFs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! And congrats on starting a blog this year! WOOT WOOT. Blogging is awesome and it's so fun. ;-) I did a massive blog overhaul this year and changed everything...like even my blog name, so that was quite huge and a little stressful. hopefully next year will be calmer. Oops. I MEAN THIS YEAR. >_< i'm still saying 2014. heh.
    Sleep is very good.
    Also A+ gif usage. XD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cait: Happy New Year!!! Blogging is so fun!!! It's an awesome community that keeps growing!! Sleep is veerry good. Thanks!!! Some of those GIFs may or may not have come from your blog :)
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arwen: Hmm, a blog I haven't visited. Let's give it a go!

    *two minutes later* Whoa, this person BOUGHT AN OLD DISNEY MOVIE COLLECTION?!?! I must know more!

    *another minute later* *laughing at the funny captions*: "MURICA."

    Ahem, so, hi, I'm Arwen, and just from that last post, I can tell you have an awesome blog! Great work!

    ~ Arwen Undomiel
    (http://meanwhileinrivendell.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arwen: Hi! Thanks so much for the comment! Old Disney movies are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D