Saturday, February 28, 2015

February 2015 in Review

February is my least favorite month. Period. Even though there were a redeeming few days in there, it was still like most Februarys are. I think February is hard for everybody because it seems like there is no end in sight for school, and besides Presidents Day, there's not really anything to break that monotony. Also, the last half February is hard for me because I have start getting ready for a Fine Arts competition the first week of March. Now, we're entering on the most stressful week in my second semester, possibly in the whole school year! However, there were some good points for February!

The Southwest Gospel Music Festival
Oh my word, guys!! This was so much fun! I love southern gospel and this concert was basically three hours of awesome groups. My favorites were the Erwins, Gordon Mote, and of course, Ernie Haase and Signature Sound. During intermission, I went up to the EHSS table to see if their autograph cards were free. They weren't, but the guy said I could have one! He then helped me get everyone's autographs and he took my picture with Ernie Haase! It was awesome! Then, that Friday, my mom and I bought a lot of music, so that's all I'm listening to now!!


The Amazing Grace
This was a youth rally at a church in my city. There was awesome preaching, but then, they had a sort of scavenger hunt. We wandered through the desert looking for clues, and I got "caught" by a cactus... My team won though!

Hogan's Heroes is my new favorite TV show. It's hilarious!!


I didn't do much for Valentines Day, but I did have this thought: "Everyone be like: Arthur and Amy are so cute!! Me: He's 20 years older than her.....)

Reading:
Hahahahahaha. I read the last Martha book, a book report book, and am 170 pages away from finishing Little Dorrit. Yeah... Not much...

Looking forward:
Spring break in two weeks!!! Yay!!
Oklahoma! (the musical)
Youth conference in April!

How was your February? What's your favorite/least favorite month?

Oh yeah, and Confidential prayer requests are a lot cooler than Unspoken prayer requests....


7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the following week, Ashley... school is annoying when it's stressful, right? (In my opinion, also when it isn't stressful.)

    Haha, WELL. Amy and Arthur still ARE cute, despite their age difference, right? Right?! Come on. They are. Say that they are. :-)

    February is my least favourite month too. I have the feeling many people share this opinion.

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not fond of February myself. Honestly, I just don't like winter.
    I'm interested to see how you'll like Little Dorrit... have you already seen the miniseries? I forget. *blushes*
    You should if you haven't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything dear! I need to email you soon.. *eyes go wide* HOLD IT!
    Oklahoma the musical OMG !!! You must goooooooooooooo! ITS AMAZZZZZZZZINGGGGGGG
    coughbecauseiplayedinitforfivemonthscough :D Have a ball and the Farmer and the Cowman should be friends! *goes off to play viola*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naomi: Hahahaha! Yes, it always is... Ugh, okay, despite their extremely awkward age difference, Arthur and Amy are cute (ButPossiblyJohnAndAmyAreCuter...) Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    Lois: I have seen the miniseries! It was awesome! I around 50 pages from finishing the book! Yay!

    Evie: Yay! I look forward to it! I can't wait!! Have fun with your viola :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since you have mentioned the Zion Covenant series often in your blog posts, I have gotten it from the library, and I have started reading Vienna Prelude. Thank you for introducing it because now I can't stop reading it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ekaterina: Yay!! I'm glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Hogan's Heroes! Delightful show :-) Memories of it's zany-but-warm humor got me through my homesickness for the first week or so at college. I would replay favorite scenes in my head as I walked to classes and cheer myself up.

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D