Friday, May 22, 2015

And I want the bouncy castle over there/I have answered your questions!!

Because I want a bouncy castle at this party
One year ago today, I pressed publish on a blog post for the first time. Four days later, I received my first comment! A few weeks later, I got my first follower! I now have 14 loverly followers (including Bloglovin), and I still haven't figured out how to get my friend gadget to work!! Thanks guys! You're the best!! Although I expected to make new friends, I never expected them to live so far, or so close. I know people in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. I know a person who lives in the town I was born in, and someone who knows my Grandma! I also know people in my own state and city!! I've also learned many things I've learned not to pretend to be somebody I'm not just to fit in. I've learned that my blog spans many niches. I'm also trying to expand those niches ;) I've learned what a lovely tool Goodreads is!  I've learned how to network and polite blogging etiquette! I'm still working on writing good posts all the time :) And, are you supposed to put pictures above or below the things they apply to!!?? And why does Blogger hate ampersands!! Anyway, enough with the sort of sappy stuff, let's get to the real reason you're reading this post! The answers!!
Because these make me happy

Hannah D. asked

Favorite color? It used to be green, but now it's gray and yellow. (Because yes, that's one color)

If you could have any superpower what would it be? Invisibility would be fun! I used to sit in the corner of my parent's bathroom and try to make myself invisible by thinking hard. I think I would pick flying though! Who wouldn't love to fly to places!!!

Why did you start blogging? I had been thinking about the idea for a few months, but then somehow I stumbled on Hayden's blog and Amy's blog. I was fascinated!! This blogging thing looked like more fun than I could imagine!! But then I found the Classics Club! I think that really kickstarted me into blogging! I started out with the idea to post once a week about a letter of the alphabet with a corresponding topic. That didn't happen. I'm pretty happy with what happened instead though! (Also, I wanted to improve my writing skills. I'm not sure how that's gone...)
This is for Naomi
It's the second most awkward Kate picture I could find

Naomi asked

Do you have siblings? How many? Girls/Boys? Younger or Older? I have 2 younger siblings. A fourteen-year old brother and an eleven-year old sister. 

Are you messy or organized? It depends on what we're talking about. I can be both. In theory I'm organized, in practice I'm messy.

Who's your favourite character in Pride and Prejudice? Elizabeth Bennett! Hands down! She seems to be the only one, besides Mr. Bennett who has any sense at all! She's smart and quick with wit, and she always looks out for her family, even though they're pretty much jerks. (Except for Jane. Jane's just in love. Which I guess can make you a jerk sometimes?)

What's your favourite Jane Austen novel? I've read four of the six. Emma is great, but Emma herself is annoying. Northanger Abbey was fun, and Tilney is awesome, but Catherine needed to get some common sense and a life. Pride and Prejudice is the quintessential Jane Austen novel, and it's awesome! BUT my favorite is probably Persuasion. Anne is kinda like me (maybe, I haven't read it in a while). And I love how she waits for Wentworth. And the letter!!! Yessss!! Ahhhhh!!


*jazz hands*
What's your favourite Gene Kelly role? I've actually only seen Gene Kelly in two movies and lots of YouTube videos. My favorite would have to be Singin in the Rain. He's happy-go-lucky, sings a lot, dances a lot, and gets the best girl in the end! (I personally think Arthur Dorrit should marry Lena. Have you noticed that I ship him with anybody but Amy?)  I really want to see Gene Kelly in Brigadoon, On the Town, and Anchors Aweigh! And Summer Stock. I MUST WATCH SUMMER STOCK!!

Do you read many books at the same time, or just one at a time? I made a goal this year to only read three books at a time. It's gone pretty well actually!

Are you an early-bird or a night-owl? I would love to be an early bird, and I get up at six every school day, but my teenage body won't let me fall asleep until 10:30 or 11. Praise the Lord for podcasts I can listen to at night!
How does this actually stay upright?

Lois asked
Naomi really finds the best GIFS
Absolute favorite musical? If you can choose.  Really? Really? You're gonna ask me this!!! Probably Sound of Music. It's sweet, long, has great songs, and Julie Andrews! Also, because my sister's class in school is watching it for an end-of-the-year party, I realllly want to watch it again!

Cats or dogs? Dogs! Kittens are cute, but cats are just ugh!!! Also, one of my Grandma's cats scratched me when I was little. I'm pretty sure that experience scarred me for life... My family has had two dogs. Both of them were mini schnauzers. Their names were Sir Reginald and Lady Emily (We didn't name them.), but we called them Reggie and Emmy. We had to give Reggie away because he had diabetes, but Emily is still with us! She's as old as my brother though (which is apparently really old for a dog). My dad says it's like living with a crank old woman because she barks all the time and no one can figure out why she's barking. She's also gotten extremely stubborn in her old age...

Superhero fan? If so who's your favorite? I'm sort of a superhero fan in that I can tell you all about the Avengers because of everything I see on Pinterest. I have yet to see the movies, but Captain America is my favorite. Because #MURICA.


This is the first most awkward Kate picture
Yes, I know that's incorrect grammar, but it adds emphasis!

Elizabeth asked

Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk chocolate definitely!

Would you rather have a dragon or a unicorn as a pet? A dragon because they can fly. And Toothless is awesome!

What is your opinion of makeup? Personally, I don't really like it. I hate having stuff on my skin, so yeah. I wear powder to church and places like that cuz I have acne... So I guess I like it when it covers my acne! However, I don't have a problem with other people wearing it!

What is your opinion of asparagus? I don't know. I haven't tried it, and I don't plan to either! 


This guy looks western. Hamlette likes western stuff.
Maybe she'll put this in a book...
Hamlette asked
via The Atlantic
Favorite Pixar movie? Great questions! I watched A Bug's Life like once a day when I was in the hospital when I was eight. So I guess I'll always have a connection to that. However, I think Ratatouille is my favorite! For some reason, I've always like it. I don't know, maybe it makes me feel like I can cook (I can't). Also the shorts are awesome!

Have you ever broken a bone? Thank the Lord no! I've sprained an ankle, landed on my head/neck more times than I can tell, and have really bad wrists, but I've yet to break a bone!

What's your least favorite color? Hot pink. Pink by itself is okay, but whenever people use hot pink, they usually use too much....

Do you like hearts or stars better? I'm definitely a star type of girl (And no Elizabeth, I've yet to read Stargirl!) I remember when my first grade teacher taught me how to draw a star. I went home and drew them all over an envelope!

Whose recommendations for books and movies do you trust the most? Mostly bloggers who I know have the same tastes as me. My mom recommends good books too! And I find new old movies from you guys! 
Never fails to make me laugh
Natalie Monk asked

Are you a Princess Bride fan? YESSSS!!!! I've read the book too! It was kinda confusing, but I liked the extra amusing content! 

What's the boring-est fiction book you've ever read? Wow! I don't know! Maybe Mansfield Park? (*laughs at Naomi's reaction*) Actually, I haven't finished it yet... Or Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm! (That book is sooooo slow!)

What's the fastest-paced book you've ever read? It would probably be a Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys book! It's literally all go from the first page!! (Sometimes that's a bad thing, but they make it work somehow!) (Also, is the phrase "all go" British?) Or the Bryce and Ashley mysteries!! (HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND)

Do you have a favorite cup/mug? Well, I have my school water bottle? I use that for basically every time I need water, except for a family dinner. It has apple stickers all over it because yeah, I sorta collect apple stickers. DEAL WITH IT.

What's your favorite Gary Cooper movie?  *Looks up who Gary Cooper is* *Scrolls through movies* *Hasn't seen any* *Finds Sergeant York* So yeah, it'll have to be Sergeant York.... I barely remember it actually. There was an inspiring Daniel Boone/Bible sequence right? And some guns?

Scenario: you are transported into the book of your choice on one condition--you're poor as Amy Dorrit's dad and running from debt collectors. Which book would you choose and how would you try to support yourself? Which characters would you try to become friends with? Oh. My. Word. This is probably the most entertaining one I've got so far! Thanks Natalie! I would try for The Mysterious Benedict Society cuz those kids are all poor and sorta running from people? I would support myself by saving the world. And I would probably become friends with Kate and Reynie. Or I would pick a Little House book because those people are poor too! I would support myself by homesteading, and become friends with the Ingalls and Mr. Edwards.

Thanks everyone for the questions!! And thanks for sticking around for a year :D

What! You guys thought I forgot! Of course I didn't! (Well, I did, but then I remembered, so there) Here's a video of me playing an old song "I've Got That Old Time Religion In My Heart" Here's the link because it's too big to put on the blog :( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--hnkr-64auVTlNYjNGYV9LdzA/view?usp=sharing (Yes, I'm wearing an ASU shirt and a skirt! It was a school spirit day!! No, I don't wear skirts all the time!


For reals now! 

11 comments:

  1. Oh, the ANSWERS!!! :-D *cheers*
    Once again, happy blogiversary! Tis all a very joyous occasion indeed - I enjoy your blog so much! You're such a dear girl. :-)

    HAHA. Those Kate Middleton pictures. WHO BUYS A FRIDGE LIKE THAT?!!! And she wearing a cowboy hat? She looks embarrassed, kind of. :-)

    Hey, I have a fourteen-year-old sister and an eleven-year-old brother (among others, hee).
    Elizabeth Bennet is AWESOME. That's spelt with one T, by the way, even though Blogger says it's two. It's bloggers fault, I know, not yours. :-) I absolutely LOVE Mr Bennet and Mr Bingley and MR DARCY (great choice of gif - I love the 'what' scene!) and also her Uncle and Aunt! The uncle and aunt are just such kind folk!

    Funny, Persuasion isn't my favourite - I like it, but the story never got me like the others. I have a more personal fondness towards Mansfield Park than Persuasion. AND HAHA about you imagining my shock - that made me laugh. :-)
    Talking about Mansfield Park, have you seen the webseries? It's really good. :-D

    I've only seen one Gene Kelly role.
    I reallllly want to watch 'Me and My Gal' - he's in there with Judy Garland and they sing the most adorable songs together. And Summer Stock. I must watch that too! (Does that have Judy Garland in it too? Maybe I'm thinking of another movie.)

    Haha. Thank you - I'm glad you like my gifs. :-)

    OH! Finally someone else who prefers milk chocolate! I always feel SO MUCH in the minority there, don't you? People go like, 'BUT THAT'S NOT CHOCOLATE.' :-D
    I don't like wearing make-up either.

    I love how you 'gave' all the people who asked you a question a picture typical to them. :-)
    I LOVE pink, but I agree, Hot Pink can be very awful.

    HAHA I used to collect apple stickers too! But I put them all over my bed, if I can remember well. Mine were red. :-P
    Haha, Natalie, your last question. Very original. :-)

    Lastly, I have to say how in awe I am by your piano playing! You are so good, Ashley - and the song is super fun. :-)
    Curious what happened in the end, though. :-P

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmy!!! Ash! I'm so so sorry dear I didn't get to submit questions!! I was really really really busy but *sighs sadly*

    It's been lovely having you and blogger and having you as a blogger friend! Here's to many more years hey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture of Kate Middleton in the cowboy hat. :-) And oh my goodness, I didn't even realize that was a fridge at first! How weird is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naomi: Thanks!! That fridge tho.... Oops, sorry! Yes! Her uncle and aunt are soooo nice! How do you like Mansfield Park?! I need to look up that webseries! Dark chocolate is too chocolatey, if that makes sense. Apple stickers are fun to collect! Thanks!! Haha! I guess I pressed a wrong note or it was out of tune or something :D

    Evie: Thanks! That's okay! I'll get them next time :D

    Emma: That picture is kind of nice and awkward at the same time, I guess. That fridge is sooo weird! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agh! I want to play the piano like you when I grow up! One of my favorite songs. Where can I find the sheet music?

    --"George pls" I was crying at that one. Hilarious.

    Persuasion was the first Austen book I finished, and it's still my favorite. "Wentworth's Letter: giving women unrealistic expectations of courtship since 1817."

    You MUST see Brigadoon! Besides the annoying blonde fellow and the fiancee it's a fabulous movie! :D Gotta love old movies about Scottish people (a la Disney's Rob Roy). "Waiting for My Dearie" has got to be my favorite song there, but "The Heather On the Hill" is lovely, and "Go Home With Bonnie Jean" will NEVER leave your head.

    Captain America fans unite!

    I totally agree about the Princess Bride book! My initial reaction was, "Who published this????" Then I got into it and read where Miracle Max really loved cough drops and somebody in there played golf. Then there's the creepy underground animal zoo Humperdink made because he loves to kill things. Humperdink definitely seemed more sinister in the book!

    Love Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys! Never tried Bryce and Ashley mysteries, but will have to check them out now.

    Oh my lands!!!! WHO IS GARY COOPER? Watch "Friendly Persuasion," that's all I'm saying. :D

    Glad you liked the Scenario! I don't know who The Mysterious Benedict Society is, but I think I need to find out. Sounds interesting!

    P.S. I hereby dedicate this extremely long blog comment to Ashley, because she always has super fun posts that never fail to make me loquacious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie: Aww thanks! There's no sheet music, but I can email you a chord chart in a few days!
    The letter!!! ahhhhhh!!
    Ooh! I need to see Rob Roy too! "I'll Go Home with Bonny Jean is epic!!
    For some reason, I vividly remember the zoo! And some weird spider that was purple and green?
    The Mysterious Benedict Society is an amazing book!
    "Loquacious* :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you want me to write a book about a guy from the '30s who use a gyrocycle time machine to travel to the old west and um... introduce cowboys to bicycles and Coca-Cola? I could probably do that...

    Hot pink should not exist.

    (Mansfield Park is really boring. Don't tell anyone I said that.)

    Asparagus, though? Delicious stuff. We eat it once a week all spring, every spring. Try it some time!

    Brigadoon is beautiful. No other word for it.

    Persuasion is my fave Austen too! High-five! Or should we just raise our tea cups and smile at each other over them?

    (I think Wills is really rocking the cowboy look, though. If he wore jeans more often, I would probably care about him and Kate more!)

    The George Washington paintings? Are hilarious? Where are you finding these???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and like Natalie Monk said, watch Friendly Persuasion! It's charming and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hamlette: Ummmm, YES! That would be awesome!
    It is boring, isn't it! I won't tell!
    Yay!! Persuasion buddies!!
    The George Washington stuff are called the Adventures of George Washington. Most of them are hilarious!!
    I should probably look this up :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, so I kind of googled for the Adventures of George Washington at 11 last night, after we should already have gone to bed, and my husband and I were reduced to helpless giggles by them :-D Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D