Sunday, May 3, 2015

Classics Club/Birthday Club: To Kill A Mockingbird


I've put off writing this post because I guess this book is controversial. (I can see why, but thankfully, the issue is more of a backdrop on which the real tensions of the book play. You could write the same book, but with a theft or murder as the "inciting" incident.)

The characters were believable and lovable, for the most part. Atticus was wonderful! He was smart and more importantly wise. He was patient and kind, and he knew how to deal with kids. Scout was awesome! I can't wait for the sequel to see how she grew up! Jem was cool too. I loved how he would include Scout in his games. I think their uncle was my favorite secondary character. I want to try his "perspective" thing next time I need to. (Hopefully not soon).

I loved this book! It was exciting, yet relaxing. It made you think. I loved the story of how one man could really make a town think!

And yes, I did finish this book in less than 24 hours. Praise the Lord for Easter break! Also, has anyone seen this movie? Cuz Gregory Peck (not Cary Grant. Sorry)

P.S. Don't forget to ask your questions HERE!

3 comments:

  1. Um, Cary Grant? No, Gregory Peck.

    But yes, this is an amazing, moving, thought-provoking book. Good for you for reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, noes! I've missed some posts! I'll have to catch up.

    I've never read TKAM, but it's setting on my classics shelf in my room. Most everyone says it's wonderful, so I'm interested to find out why it's such a classic!

    I'm going over to the questions post to ask some questions now! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hamlette: Oops! Thanks for the heads up!! Thanks!

    Natalie: You should read it!!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D