Saturday, May 9, 2015

Today I'm Playing: May 2015

Well, this was supposed to be a regular feature on my blog, but if you're a regular reader, you've probably realized that it's not :( Thanks Obama school and life! Because I'm working on many songs right now, I thought this would be a good time to do this post!

Kindergarten graduation: I've played for my school's kindergarten graduation for the past few years, and it's probably the funnest think I've ever done with the piano. I get to play the songs in a fun way and have fun watching little kids do their thing! And it's only a little bit stressful!

Down in my Heart: I'm working on this song for offertory for the K5 graduation! I found this video on YouTube and am sorta copying some of the styles, however, I'm not good enough for all of them yet!

Goodbye World, Goodbye: I'm trying to fit this into an offertory right now. It's in the beginning stages. I love this song though! And I love Kim Collingsworth!

This medley from Roger Bennet: The music starts at 1:30

Wonderful Grace of Jesus: I heard this guy play this song at a youth conference. My youth pastor said if I could play it he would take me to Lolo's Chicken and Waffles (which is the best thing ever!!!). I'm struggling with it, but I'll be able to see the guy at music camp and ask him about it. Also, I was watching another pianist play this song and what do you know! He played the chorus the same way!! That made me laugh!

Also, I know some of you want to hear me play, so for A to Z's birthday, I'll put up a video of my playing "I've Got That Old Time Religion". Also, if any of you have requests on songs you want me to learn and upload, please tell me!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE wonderful grace of Jesus. :) One of my favorite hymns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I'm having piano envy. :) Wish I could play that well!

    I'd love to hear you play whichever is your favorite piece to just whip out and tear into for fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois: It's so much fun to sing the different parts of Wonderful Grace of Jesus!

    Natalie: Me too!! It makes me want to laugh for joy and cry for envy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D