|Cuz I didn't want the picture in your header to be my ugly water bottle|
1. Do you have a favorite mug or teacup?
Not really. I actually drink way more cold drinks than hot ones. #PhoenixProblems I have a favorite water bottle though! As aforementioned (probably?), it has apple stickers on it to distinguish it from my brother's water bottle. No, Sharpie does not work because it rubs off in like a week...
2. Are you an adventurous eater? (Do you try "strange" foods?)
Not really. I'm also not a gourmet eater. I would rather eat cheap, quick food that tastes good than try new stuff that's expensive like lobster.
|Except I don't like good food. I like cheap food.|
Oh wow! Is Southern Gospel music a fandom? Now it is! The Little House Books, The Great Escape, Hogan's Heroes, The Dick van Dyke Show, The Cosby Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave it to Beaver. (I'm pretty sure I made up 90% of those "fandoms") And by "into fandoms", I mean I've read/seen most of the episodes/books and know lots of random facts about them! (And I also own a book of TV show house layouts)
|There is never not a place for this GIF|
4. What famous author/book do you not really care for?
Wellll, Mansfield Park is the obvious choice, but I've used that before so lets get more controversial shall we? I didn't really like Jane Eyre. I should probably read it again though. Jane herself was cool, but the main dudes in the story were awkward/creepy/boring, if I remember correctly. And whole paragraphs of it are written in French with no explanation WHAT SO EVER!!! *drops mic*
|Cuz I'm about to mic drop this question|
5. What obscure author/book are you nuts about?
Daniel Carter Beard's American Boys Handybooks and his sisters' American Girls' Handybooks. And R. M. Ballantyne is awesome, but I haven't read him in a while.
|Seriously, if you like a glimpse into the childhoods of the past you should totally check this out.|
And I will totally review it someday. Someday.
And I put the boys' book up cuz the cover is more interesting.
6. What's the oldest movie you've ever watched?
1930's Robin Hood TV show? Or we started some Tarzan movie. I have this thing with old movies. I can watch black and white as long as the sound is good and it's not to grainy, but I can't watch silent movies or movies with really bad quality. I'm sorry :( (not really)
|It probably wasn't this, but that robe thingy is awesome.|
Also, I thought that was a lion not a monkey for a sec.
7. What did you have for breakfast today?
Two bowls of cereal. Camp and possibly the first day of school are the only times this is not my breakfast. I know, I'm so exciting!
8. When did you first see your favorite movie?
I think it was about a month ago? (The Great Escape) I probably saw my original favorite movie, The Sound of Music, when I was born? I don't really know, but I remember being obsessed with it as early as kindergarten! (That might have been one of the first DVDs my family had. I don't think we ever had a VHS of it. That or Finding Nemo.)
|What up Steve McQueen, awesome American dude, and creepy leader dude?|
(Yes, I know it's Henley and X)
Possibly, I'm not good with names when I know actors
Well, I like Narnia, but I also like that galaxy far far away!!! Arghhhh!! Probably sci-fi movies and fantasy books! But I don't read/watch much of either?
|Actually, this question might be!|
10. What did you expect your blog to be like when you started it?
Hahahahahahhahahah It was supposed to be this blog where every week I would discuss a topic that started with the next consecutive letter of the alphabet. But that changed before I started it. Once I started it I thought it would be a lot more period-drama-y because I liked those blogs.
11. Has it changed? If so, how?
Umm yes. I've realized that although I like a good period drama now and then, my attention span for watching stuff is not a period drama length. (Blame that on my sister's obsession with vintage TV shows that are always 25 minutes long. Always. I actually feel my brain shut off after 25 minutes sometimes) Now I write about books a lot. I probably always will, but I'm contemplating either starting another blog or changing this one A LOT.
And I've been saving up facts :D
1. I am literally always tired. No matter how many hours I get, I will still wake up tired. Some days I'm more tired than on other days, but I'm still always tired.
2. This summer, my brother and I are in charge of the children's midweek service class at my church. We're going through the Fruit of the Spirit and are using Play Doh, which is fun! Also, because the Tuesday service tends to run a little long, we've become very good at making up filler "entertainment". AKA me telling/reading a Bible story/story that teaches a lesson and my brother improv acting it out. It's actually pretty hilarious!
|I forgot about how good Play-Doh smelled!|
3. The smell of Phoenix to me is rain and dirt on a screen. Cuz that's what my room smells like during a monsoon or a haboob, a VERY Phoenix thing. Also, everybody not in AZ freaks out about those dust clouds, but seriously, unless you're dumb enough to drive in them or to not close your doors/windows, the worst thing that will happen is a dirty pool.
|I've lived through one of these! #humblebrag|
4. I used to hate Coke because when I was little because a woman I didn't know was babysitting me, and she made me drink Coke and I hated it!!!
|If you're bored go to ahhhhhh.com. It doesn't matter how many h's, just put a lot to be safe.|
There's literally dozens of dumb things to do if you're bored.
5. I hate when people freak out because of bees!! I know that you don't know if you're allergic until you get stung, but if you stay still they won't sting you in all probability!!!
7. I struggle writing emails to adults/companies. It's just so hard!!! And I have a few I have to write in the near future!! And I love writing! So why would I rather talk to them than write them?!?!
|And scholarship essays|
8. I obsess over music. I can literally listen to the same album/song over and over for weeks and never get tired of it! And I recently have been making YouTube playlists of Kim Collingsworth, so piano is basically all I've been listening to. Speaking of YouTube, you might want to subscribe HERE because I should start uploading piano videos soon. (I sort of need a portfolio) The above playlist has some of my favorite Kim Collingsworth songs including Joshua Fit the Battle, Goodbye World Goodbye, and the Hallelujah Chorus.
9. I am sort of scared of driving. A little bit of it is fun, but most of it is scary. And I know that if you have your license you can have a lot more freedom and that it's basically a necessity, but it still scares me!
10. I'm taking Spanish II this year even though I don't have to because Spanish will probably be the most useful language to me. I will graduate with four language credits instead of just the required two. I will have taken two years of Russian and two years of Spanish.
|What even is the Internet?|
11. Speaking of school, I'm graduating high school this year!!! Praise the Lord! Amen! Hallelujah! I'm done! See ya!!! Later alligator! Anywho, I'm excited. The future is still up in the air a little bit, but I'm between two colleges right now. I will be studying journalism/professional writing, that I'm pretty sure of.
|Idek why this is so funny!|
And finally, the questions and taggees, (yup I made that one up too)
1. Current favorite TV show?
2. Do you like Westerns? (I don't so don't be afraid to say no. The ones who say yes are never shy anyway :D )
3. What's one of your best birthday memories?
4. Who's one of your role models in your dream career?
5. Do you have any animals in your house (that are supposed to be there)?
6. How many houses have you lived in?
7. Favorite breakfast food?
8. Are you a grammar nazi? (Of course you're not a nazi, but are you nitpicky about grammar?)
9. When does school start for you this year? (Or for my southern hemisphere friends, when does it end?)
10. Favorite childhood toy?
11. How long do you usually spend on a blog post?
It took me way too long to think of those...
I tag anyone. I know everybody does this, but let's just make these terms clearer. If any of these questions sound at all interesting, please answer in the comments. If you need a low-maintenance blog post (not that tags are low maintenance), take the tag and run with it! If you're like me and need validation that this is okay, comment and I'll edit this blog post to tag you. Hopefully in a way that's not painfully awkward.
Thanks Hamlette! I had so much fun finding GIFs and pics for this post!