Friday, October 16, 2015

The Bedtime Movie Tag

Heyyyy, I'm answering a tag in a somewhat timely manner... Hamlette tagged me with the Bedtime Movie Tag! Yay! Thanks Hamlette! I'm also going to use TV shows because that's what I watch more of. And I'll give multiple answers from some questions because I feel like it. So here we go! 

Disclaimer: My remembrance of what movies I've seen is mediocre at best, so there will probably be a lot of repeats...

1.) A movie that kept you up all night - Weeelll, I don't usually stay up all night doing anything, but I have watched multiple episodes of Leverage in one night. And there was that one time that my sister and I were sharing a hotel room that got TCM and I had to stay up 'till like one for most of A Kiss for Corliss because my sister wouldn't go to bed. Basically, the only redeeming thing about this movie was David Niven because he's amazing. But he looks better without a mustache. Also, in Shirley Temple's teenage movies, she seems to have a thing for older men. But then again, I've only seen A Kiss for Corliss" and "The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer".



2.) A movie that made you scared to sleep - Probably the Sound of Music when I was little. I remember being legitimately scared of the part when they're in the cemetery and the gun and the running and stuff. (If you read that last part fast, it sounds like gun running, which would have been very interesting...) 

Also, the Little Princess had me bawling when Sara was crossing the board between the two buildings. I was like four, okay? I actually really liked that movie. I think I even got a locket like Sara's! And you know that look she always has on her face with her mouth open? That's the Perham look. That's what everyone in my family, except for my mom, looks like when we're really paying attention to something... Ask my friends! It's partly because we always have stuffy noses and allergies, but whatever. 


3.) A movie that made you go to sleep - I don't usually sleep during movies. If I'm not interested, I'll go upstairs and watch what I want to watch, but I don't usually zonk out. American Tail makes me bored though. (I really don't get why people like that movie. Besides the song "Never Say Never" and "There Are No Cats In America") Also, the Gnome-Mobile is pretty boring except for the theme song.
Chewie, we're home!
4.) A movie that left you tossing and turning all night in anticipation of its release - Weeell, we usually don't go to movie theaters because it's kind of expensive. But we do go sometimes! I won't see the "first showing" of Star Wars Episode VII, but I will be verrrryy interested to learn what people think of it! I'm not the biggest Star Wars nerd by sooooo far, but Harrison Ford in the trailer tho!!!


Although these two don't look half bad!
5.) Your dream boyfriend/girlfriend ship of two separate movies - Ya know, I'm gonna change this question to my dream ship that didn't happen in a movie. CORDY AND JOHN LAWLESS!!! (The Happiest Millionaire) Just so much yes!!! Although they're not perfect, I can't think of anyone better :D (Guys, I was just looking through Happiest Millionaire pictures on Google Images and I was like "Hey, this one looks good!" That's cuz it was from my blog....)


6.) A movie that would be your worst nightmare to live in - Rio 2! Because I wouldn't really like to traverse the jungle, even with WiFi... And seriously, that's all I could think of right now... But the animation in this movie was stunning! I saw it in theaters actually, and the colors of the birds were so vibrant and all those feathers!!!


7.) A movie that reminds you of nighttime - The Sound of Music! A lot of the most important scenes are at night! My Favorite Things, Sixteen Going on Seventeen, Something Good, the Landler, So Long Farewell, the concert, the cemetery thing, and probably more! (My favorite line of the movie has always been "Forgive us Mother Abbess for we have sinned" Like since I was little, and I really wouldn't have gotten it then!)

The end of the book is worse!
8.) A movie that has a nightmarish cliffhanger - LEVERAGE SEASON 2 FINALE For Pete's sake!!! But it's all on Netflix, so no worries ;) Also Gone With The Wind is pretty bad... 

WHY WHY WHY MAC
9.) A movie you actually dreamed about - I once dreamed about The Great Escape. It was confusing so hold on! I think I was like Mac's wife or possibly even Mac himself (I told you I have a think for people named Mac), and our whole family was running away, and we could only speak German. But then Mac did the thing (arghhhhhh), and we were running. Except the next thing I know, my friend Jacob is the one running from the Germans, and me and some other people go hide him in this attic. After we take him through the grocery store and possibly have a stereotypical grocery fight. It was a verrrry stressful dream...
This was a pretty scary episode all around...
10.) A movie monster you would not want to find under your bed - Weeell, I don't usually watch movies with monsters, but that creepy nuclear plant dude from Macgyver would freak me out so much!! *heavy breathing and clunky steps* And that old cupid guy in a diaper from Tangled would scare me! And if Olaf appeared under my bed, I would flip out... And if my vegetables started talking... Basically everything is creepy if you think hard enough!

Well, this was an awesome tag! Thanks again Hamlette! I tag Naomi, Evie, and Elizabeth Anne, and Hannah D.!

P.S. I uploaded a new video :D 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE The Little Princess!!! That movie goes waaayyyy back to my childhood. Oh my goodness, I'm always sobbing at that part. It seems like whenever people are crying in movies it makes me want to cry along -- like in Ever After, when Danielle is sitting outside in the rain weeping. *sobbing* I'm DYING.

    I agree -- the end of GWTW is totally unfair. And the book is much worse than the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are Shirley Temple's teenager-type movies? I've been thinking about watching a few of them, but I'm wondering whether they are actually worth my time or not. :P

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Talking vegetables ARE creepy if you think about it. And Olaf. Kristoff even says, "Okay, you're creepy."

    You have a very shiny piano :-) Very cool how we can see your hands reflected in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma: Yay! I need to rewatch it! I always cry when other people are crying and I hate it soooo much! GWTW book ending is worse, but somehow that makes it better!

    Lydia: I've only seen 2 or 3 of her teenage movies, and they all involved her being interested in boys/much older men. So they're a little annoying, but they're still pretty good! The Bachelor and The Bobby-Soxer is the best cuz Cary Grant, and A Kiss for Corliss has David Niven which means it's pretty awesome!

    Hamlette: hahah ikr! Thanks! It's actually the church piano! I think it gets cleaned every week!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D