Friday, November 6, 2015

Jane Austen Party Tag!

Naomi is  having a party on her blog HERE so I decided to do a tag because it's a tag for Pete's sake! So I'm not the biggest Jane Austen fan, but I do enjoy her books. They're sort of complex like Dickens and make wonderfully sarcastic remarks about human nature :D

Oh and I never know whether to put pictures above or below the questions they apply to, so I put mine above :D

Story of my life

1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a Jane Austen fan do you consider yourself?
Well, if you rate a 1, you're still a fan, so maybe a 5? I haven't seen all the movies (including the end of PandP95 sorry Naomi!), and I have to read 2 of her major novels yet. (Sense and Sensibility next month!) But I do get a lot of references and can at least fake intelligent conversation! (Guys, you learn so much by faking intelligent conversation!)

HE'S SO HAPPY LIKE A PUPPY
2. If "they" would make a new Jane Austen Movie, and you would be able to be cast in it, which Jane Austen character would you most like to play? Wow! Lizzy has a lot of great lines and scenes! If I was a dude, I'd play Bingley because he's just so happy and awesome! I like 1995 him better than Darcy!!!! Uhuh I said it! Bring it on!!

3. Is there any felicity in the world superior to a walk?
Yes, a run :p Specifically, one where I don't get sick and beat a PR

hey he looks better than the 2005 version

4. Who's your favourite Jane Austen 'villain'? (As in 'villain' meaning 'the bad guy.')
(I'm literally googling "Jane Austen villains" because my memory is failing me)
Favorite? Like favorite because of his badness or likableness? Because Wickham and Frank Churchill are pretty likable at first... So I guess Wickham, but thinking of what he does later makes me sick!



5. What/Who introduced you to Jane Austen?
We had a copy of Emma in my school library in eighth grade, and I read it. I also tortured my friends by reading it aloud, because seriously, if you're not into classic literature, than you don't want to listen to Emma out loud! That story, or I got a Nook, and it came with a free copy of Pride and Prejudice. Free = love

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND APPLE PIE

6. Did you love/enjoy Jane Austen immediately, or has there been a time when you hated (um, prejudged) it?
I think I enjoyed it immediately because it made me feel smart :D

BEST LINE AMIRITE
7. Who, in your opinion, is the funniest Jane Austen character?
Naomi, I gotta steal from you here! Mr. Bennet is DA BESSTTESTT He's so sarcastic and witty and just yes!!! 

This is me
8. Do you quote Jane Austen randomly in public?
No sorry. Well, maybe? Probably not

This picture is making me like Emma
9. Are children allowed to eat cake on weddings?
Yesssss, if the children are well-behaved and not prone to extreme fits of hyperness like some children I have known XD


10. What is your reaction when you hear that an aquaintance (e.g. A lady at Church) of yours loves Jane Austen?
Oh, that's cool! You see, I like Jane Austen, but not as much as other stuff. And Jane Austen is sort of mainstream, so I don't get as excited. For example, if you said you loved the Charlotte Little House books, or the Gone With the Wind BOOK or Little Men, or Gene Kelly, or Southern Gospel music, I'd be more excited :P But if you said you loved the Little House on the Prairie series (which I don't even like), the Gone With the Wind MOVIE, or Little Women, or more mainstream stuff, I don't get as excited. #HipsterLife
via
11. Who writes better letters, Mr Darcy or Captain Wentworth? (If you forgot what the letters were, shame on you, instead tell me if you prefer Strawberries to Chocolate or not.)
I remember the letters, I just don't remember who was better!!! Probably Wentworth because he wasn't a prideful baboon (literally wrote balloon at first). But I think I love both of them!!

12. Which Jane Austen heroine do you relate the least to?
Emma, I hope think. Or Marianne Dashwood, but I haven't read Sense and Sensibility yet...


13. What's your favourite Jane Austen house (from one of the movies)?
Had to google these too! I like the town of Highbury in Emma 2009 because it looks so cozy! And Box Hill is beautiful!


14. What's your favourite Jane Austen dress (from one of the movies)?
Well, I couldn't think of one right off, but I like this one. Although I wish it was higher... (Please tell me that's not historically accurate....)


15. Can you turn off lit candles with your fingers?
Is this a reference? Anywho, I did once, and it didn't hurt. But I never got the courage to do it again because I'm a fraidy-cat and don't want blisters :D

Anywho, this was a really fun tag! Thanks Naomi for hosting the party! I love reading all your posts!

2 comments:

  1. Wait.
    Wait.

    YOU WATCHED P&P95 BUT DIDN'T ACTUALLY FINISH IT?!!!!!!!!

    No seriously. Explain me. :-D

    Haha, now I will tell you something. I used to be in love Mr Bingley - way more than Mr Darcy. But after all the re-watches I've really become to love Mr Darch more. Mr Bingley is a good sport, but he gets a little... cheesy. I love how cheerful he is, though. Darcy could take a lesson. :-)

    I actually said, 'Mr Palmer' for 'the funniest character' question. Although MR BENNET IS HILARIOUS TOO. :-D

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi: Hahahahah sorry! Okay I was watching it with my sister, and I have sort of a short attention span, and we were like 2 episodes from the end, but I lost interest! Sorry :( I can see Bingley getting cheesy after a while! Yeah, I think you mentioned Mr. Bennet in your answer. Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D