Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 In Review

So this is the second post I'm posting today. UNLESS you're in a cool time zone where you got my last post last night and this post the next morning. I congratulate you. Anywho, I did this tag last year, but it was so good, I'm gonna do it again! (My sister makes fun of my for saying "anywho" but I don't care) (Also, I'm gonna be using a lot of John Boyega/Daisy Ridley GIFs cuz they're hilarious and Rey and Finn are adorable)

What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Had a 5 hour plane layover by myself
Took my SAT (scores help with college scholarships, acceptance, and stuff...)
Got my drivers' permit
Started a YouTube channel
Got a black eye
Probably a lot of other stuff too

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make one this year?
I read and reviewed 50 books, which was my main goal. I didn't write in my journal everyday, but I did pretty consistently, at least till last month. Here's some goals for this year: 
Intentionally stay connected to my long-distance friends 
Read 50 books
Have more "quality" blog posts
Record and write charts for all my arrangements cuz I forget them...

Did anyone close to you give birth?

No, but a new family came to the church with a little girl and there will be a new baby boy soon!

Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I can think of, praise the Lord!

What countries/states did you visit?
I went to California, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
My Grandma's driveway cuz it looks cool

What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
A better attitude, again. A college scholarship, perhaps. 

What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory?
August 2-8, the dates for music camp which I had memorized for like 6 months. Because that's basically all I can think of right now besides Christmas and my birthday and the day for Star Wars even though I saw it two days later.

Did you move anywhere?

No............. Ask me next year :)

What was the best month?
Oooh, I don't know! The summer was amazing! Probably June because I went to camp, took my SAT, and took a 10-day vacation by myself to visit family! August had a lot of fun from music camp to an all-nighter to working on Finale!

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Taking my SAT and getting my drivers permit...

What was your biggest failure?
Ummm procrastination, laziness, and bitterness at times. Yeah, not fun...

Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got a black eye, and I had this weird bump in my finger joint that miraculously shrank last week!!!!
And now both of my eyes look as tired as the right one...

What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my new phone screen so I could actually use my phone! I actually bought a lot of stuff in the past few months, presents and such...

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My parents because they handle a ridiculous amount of responsibilities for our family and church! And Nancy Armour from USA Today because she answered a questionnaire for my research paper that was sooo helpful and encouraging!
Yes, you are!
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
ANNE SHIRLEY what even are you thinking!!! Come on!

STOP. DON'T STOP.

Where did most of your money go?
The Apple Store for my phone screen.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Youth Conference, The Wiz Live, Dollywood, the Hoppers concert

Guys, ik I put this on already,
but seriously, this was like the highlight of the year!
What was the best concert you’ve been to this year?
I went to 4: the Kingdom Heirs, the Hoppers, and the Southwest Southern Gospel Music Festival, and the Gaither Vocal band. I enjoyed the SSGMF because of the variety of artists, but I love the Gaither Vocal Band's music, and I got to meet Trevor Conkle at the Hoppers, so idk!

What song/album will always remind you of 2015?
Any Wiz song because my siblings and I are literally listening to this album instead of Christmas music. Also, the Star Wars Episode VII soundtrack, the John Cena theme, and You Can't Give Up on God because that was my favorite song from the Hoppers!

Compared to this time last year, are you:
As Naomi calls them, the embarrassing questions!
1. happier or sadder?  Happier!
2. thinner or fatter?  Probably fatter...
3. richer or poorer?  Richer, I think...


What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend more time with God, read, sleep, get up early

What do you wish you’d done less of?

Wasting time again, worrying, freaking out about things I can't control.


ik man ik
What was your greatest musical discovery?

The Wiz and the Collingsworth family because they are so amazing! That is my current favorite Collingsworth song!

How did you spend Christmas?

My grandparents came out to visit us!

How are you spending New Year’s?
Watching the Rose Bowl Parade and college football playoffs!! (Same as last year!) Also finalizing a paper due Monday and studying for some literature exams...

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

Talking on the phone would be ASU (*rolls eyes*). Texting would be the group message which, like all group messages, is the dumbest thing you've ever read.

What was the best book you read?
OOOOOOH Violins of Autumn all the way!!!

What was your favorite TV show?
Leverage fo dayzzzz. (I literally have like 10 more episodes in Season 5. Why are you so short?!)
Dat hair flip tho...

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't think I hate anyone. There's probably people I don't like that much anymore...

What did you want and get?

A new phone screen, a keyboard (THANK YOU PRECIOUS PARENTS)

What did you want and not get?

Ummm idk. I'm ridiculously blessed!

What were your favourite films of this year?

Wow! My family actually saw three films on opening weekend this year!!!! Charlie Brown, The Good Dinosaur, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Star Wars was the best movie by like a bajillion!!!


What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned seventeen, and we went to Bookman's and I got a bunch of used books! Also, it was the day after youth conference so I slept and was basically out of it.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?

As always...


What kept you sane?
God and the Bible. At times, my friends who felt as insane as I did.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I know fancy means crush in Britain, but guess what, this ain't Britain!!! #MURICA! I'm now a Daisy Ridley and John Boyega fan though!! (Rey and Finn from Star Wars)
YASSSSSS
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not freaking out over dumb stuff. And stuff I can't control. 

What political issue stirred you the most?

Umm probably freaking out about the election that I get to vote in because seriously seriously seriously are these my only options?!




Who did you miss?
All my friends from camp!

Who was the best new person you met?

This is hard cuz I met a bunch of new people! I'm actually still in contact with most of them which is a big deal guys! I've talked about Shae before, but she goes to my church and is a big encouragement to me and my family and she appreciates my puns so that's a plus...

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Life changes like super fast.
to life cuz it changes fast...
    
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
All the talents I have I have laid at Thy feet
Thy approval shall be my reward
Be my store great or small, I surrender it all
To my wonderful, wonderful Lord.

This hasn't always been true, but it's something I really worked on this year!

Five personally significant events of 2015:
Getting my drivers' permit
Going to the Southwest Southern Gospel Music Festival
Going to music camp
Going on vacation by myself
Taking my SAT

Five things I want to do in 2016:
Get my drivers' license
Go to college
Play piano for a group (or even preludes or offertories for concerts!)
Get a college scholarship
Go to Stamps-Baxter School of Music in July!!!

Five people I’d like to know better in 2016:
My music camp friends
My blogger friends
Shae
Anyone I can learn from!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 2015 was exhausting, stupendous, exhilarating, and terrifying! To be honest, I'm slightly superstitious in that I like odd numbered years better than even numbered ones, but 2016 should still be great. I mean college, voting, jobs, and the whole adulting run!! Ready or not, here I come!



2 comments:

  1. I live in a cool time zone. :-)

    Loved this, Ashley!! I still think it's hilarious of how proud you are of your black eye. :-P
    Your Grandma's driveway IS cool. :-)
    YES. HAHAH. The embarrassing questions.
    Love the Blimeycow gif at the end. Just sayin.

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi: You were actually who I was thinking about XD My grandma's whole house is amazing! Blimey cow always delivers :D Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D