Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016 // I Remember Nothing and PARTAY

Sooooooo, I didn't really journal this month. #ShameOnMe BUT because I tweeted a lot, I'll just go check those! Yay!

January 2016 was so much better than January 2015 that I can't even. (Or odd.) I mean there was some hard stuff and sad stuff and Sunday was an emotional roller coaster, but I felt soooo much better than I did last year at this time! I know it has to do with my attitude, but also certain things that are different in my life this year, like having a clear goal/ambition. (Still don't know where I'm going to college cuz I still don't know where I'm moving...)

SCHULTZ!!!

This month, I got to play piano in TWO concerts during the offering. That was really fun, and the people were sooo nice. That has been really fun, and I can't wait to do it again in a few weeks. I also realized that there's a very good chance I can go to a Southern Gospel Music camp this summer if God opens some doors. (Read: scholarships...) Here's me playing for the first concert.



I also set my graduation date for April 17. However, I'll still be going to school after that probably. Because I will probably still have work to do. And cuz I want to spend time with my friends because all my friends outside school do not live near me... :( I don't have to take English this semester because I tested out, and now I have a lot of study hall time to read, play chess, work on reports, and practice piano. So WIN!

Me everyday...
Slushies at my Circle K went up from 79 cents to 89 cents. I feel betrayed because Arizona was like the last holdout for 79 cent slushies and then inflation had to go and do its stupid thing. Also, you probably don't care, but, guys, you only get a nickel change for a slushie!!! (Counting tax) Therefore, if you buy 19 slushies, you will be able to buy the 20th with the change from the first 19. (Aren't I smart?)
You right now...
Also, great song!
My family watched all three seasons of a TV show called Granite Flats in ONE WEEK. So what, you ask. We watched it as a FAMILY. Do you know how hard that is?! Anywho, it was awesome and they ended season three on a cliffhanger, and didn't put a season four, and I'm not cool with that. I should probably review it next week.
Good ol' BYU
I'm not Mormon BTW
OH WAIT. My Little House Blog Party is next week. I have buttons, a giveaway, and like 4 guest posts. (I can always take more!) YAY! Now I just have to go write all the others... JK. Most of them are in the rough draft stage. (Yes, I have drafts of my blog posts. I'm a reluctant selective perfectionist!) So spread the word if you wish!




Reading actually went well this month. I'm two books ahead of schedule according to Goodreads, which is how I plan to keep it :) I read about 2 books a weekish sort of not really. I got seven in all, so figure that out. I gave up selectively participated on Pioneer Girl because it was interesting, yet monstrously long. I DID finish Ben-Hur FINALLY. It was reallly slow the first half of the month because I had read like half of the book twice already. I finally decided to skip to what I hadn't read and it all went swimmingly. The Story Girl was another highlight of my month. Thanks to all who recommend that!
I hit the GIF jackpot on this one!!1
Well, January is gone and now we enter my least favorite month of the year: FEBRUARY. Although, it is the month of the Southwest Southern Gospel Music Festival and I'll get to meet all my favorite artists and make connections and possibly play and just YES!!!! So there's that.

Oh, and one more thing: I started a new blog Southwestern Gospel. It's more of a music blog, specifically for Southern Gospel. I just felt weird putting those posts here because I get the feeling that's not really my audience. Feel free to check it out! I'll still be blogging here every week, don't worry. (Here's a secret: A to Z is actually more of a priority than Southwestern Gospel at the moment ;) ) And I'll still put some piano stuff here, never fear. (I'm a poet and I didn't know it!)

And just for kicks, here's an arrangement I did this month. You can get the sheet music HERE. It's easier than my others, I promise :)


See ya next week for the Little House Party!

6 comments:

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D