And I should probably tell the premise. It's basically a con Robin Hood-esque show where they take money from the bad rich guys and give it back to the little guys who had it taken away. It's not exactly the most ethical plot, but neither is Robin Hood and everyone loves him! There's 5 main characters: Nate, the mastermind; Sophie, the grifter (actress who cons people); Parker, the socially awkward thief (and when I say awkward, think awkward x 100); Hardison, the wisecracking hacker (You know what I have? A 21 year old genius hacker with an authority problem!); and Eliot, the dude who beats up the bad guys (and gets shot and walks it off). Sometimes, the episode is hilarious all around, sometimes it's emotionally tense, and sometimes scary. (Looking at person in a coffin)
Anywho, let's just list the reasons why I like Leverage, most of which have to do with the characters:
1) The ensemble cast. I love ensemble casts. I will repeat it 'till my dying day. I just love when you have multiple characters you can love, and they're all main characters!!!! In fact, I'm even writing a whole post about my favorite ensemble cast books and movies! I love how everyone works as a team and has a different function. Hacker, Hitter, Grifter, Thief, Mastermind!
2) Parker's social awkwardness. I love Parker so much. She's hilarious and awkward and awesome and needs people! And funny. I love to see her grow throughout the series! She does crazy stuff and has an awesome mind. I, for one, would like to be able to know how to break into any safe and steal anything. (I would probably not ever use that knowledge, but it'd be nice to know!)
3) Eliot's big brotherness. I happen to like the Eliot/Parker/Hardison sibling relationship more than Pardison! (Ducks rocks) Eliot always takes care of Parker and Hardison, but he also gets annoyed by them. A lot. It's like they're his little siblings who are always poking him and arguing with him. I think my favorite Eliot moments are when he's not so Eliot and he is sorta gentle. Especially around kids! But if he wasn't big tough Eliot, we'd never get to see those moments!
4) Hardison's geekiness. This guy is just plain cool. Hardison is ridiculously smart and funny. You think he's only smart about technology, but actually the dude knows like everything. His geekiness with computers is another talent I'd like to have. (I mostly just push buttons until something changes...) He is probably the funniest character in the series for me.
5) The quotes. Leverage is sooo quotable. But because only my parents have seen the show (and only the first season) I have to quote it to myself and laugh in my head mostly... "Age of the geek, baby!" "I put a razor blade in that apple" "Two cool guys/Behind the wheel/Chasing down bad guys in Lucille" "You have a very punchable face" "It's a very distinctive stance/gun/footprint/fighting style/anything" (dies laughing inside head)
|Hence, the title of this post...|
9) Pardison is adorable. K? Pretzels!
10) The premise. The point of the show is a con show I guess, but it's combined with hacking and thieving and awesome quotes and lasers and highly improbably escapes and extremely detailed plans.
|I just really liked this episode!|
|Find his deepest desire and give it to him!|
And that's why I love Leverage so much. Sure, the Robin Hood steal from the rich premise isn't exactly ethical or moral or anything but it sure makes for a fun show! I think I'm hooked on con/heist shows now!
P.S. I don't have a favorite headquarters. I love them all! "Old Nate lives here now!"