Monday, February 8, 2016

My Favorite Little House Covers!

You probably saw this coming a mile away, didn't you? This is my second time trying to do this because Blogger was being glitchy with images :( Oh well, more fun for me! Here we go! (This was supposed to go up Tuesday morning... My bad!)


First the one that used to be my favorite because it captures the freedom that the Laura books just breath!

Now we have my second-favorite couple one :D


Hold up! How have I NOT seen this?! I'm not sure I like it though...

And my favorite couple! Just look at his fiddle! And I love how they kept that fabric theme through the whole UNabridged series!

Question: Why would you abridge books that were originally written for children?! And take out the beautiful illustrations? I do like some of the new covers and the new end sections with recipes, crafts, and games though...


And now a Helen Sewell cover because hers were the first illustrations I saw! I love the character they have!

However, Garth Williams's just ARE Little House to me. BTW I LOVE this scene in the attic!


I just love Martha's face, her curly hair, the Stone House, the countryside and the plaid cover! I just love it all!!!

Finally, probably my favorite cover. (It's soooo hard to choose though!) Little House on the Prairie! I actually didn't realize this was my favorite until today when Jessica gave the answer in her tag! I relooked at it and realized that that cover is what Little House is. I just love it so much!!!

Well, those are mine! What are yours? And do you like Helen Sewell's illustrations? What about the redesigned Little House books?

10 comments:

  1. AHHH.

    I love the Silver Lakes cover and the Golden Years cover a lot, BUT UGH THAT COVER OF LAURA AND ALMANZO. I think it's dreadful.

    Garth Williams IS Little House to me, too. Sigghhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I think the Laura and Almanzo is okayish I guess. Garth Williams is a genius! END. OF. STORY.

      Delete
  2. My favorites are the ones I grew up with, the yellow covers with Garth Williams illustrations (like I showed in my blog tag post). However, I like the style of Helen Sewell's artwork and wouldn't mind picking up a set of those as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've seen the yellow covers! Helen Sewell's style is unique, but it's pretty!

      Delete
  3. I love all of these. I have the series featuring the final cover you posted. Garth Williams' illustrations are sweet and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that final cover so much! I almost wish mine weren't fabric-bordered. Almost! Oh Garth Williams pictures are so sweet!

      Delete
  4. I always loved the By The Shores Of Silver Lake cover - it's got a horse and a red dress (2 of my favourite things when I was younger).

    Garth Williams' beautiful illustrations are the only ones I know, and in my world they are perfection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The horse looks so powerful and free on that cover! Garth Williams IS perfection!

      Delete
  5. Ah yes! I just love that scene in the attic! It's so cozy and beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The attic scene has been one of my favorites since I was like eight!

      Delete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D