Sunday, March 27, 2016

My Favorite Resurrection Songs

Southern Gospel music has a great tradition of songs about Heaven and the Christian's resurrection in the last day, which is one of the most encouraging and exciting things to think about! Today, I've picked some of my favorite songs about Jesus' resurrection to share with you.

I love Easter because it reminds me that 1) Jesus can do ANYTHING, 2) He is always with me, 3) because He rose, I can live a risen life, and 4) someday I too will rise! It's just a great happy day. Personally, I think I might like it a little better than Christmas, but it's very close!


The Night Before Easter - GVB I love this song and the emotion Todd gives it. The day before Easter is so special to me. It reminds me that even though I may not feel God's close presence or His working, He is there! He's still always with me and will always love me and is planning something great for me! (I've heard this one LIVE and man, the chills!)


Resurrection - GVB This song is so joyous and perfectly embodies what Easter means to a Christian!


Christ the Lord is Risen Today - Glad Glad is not a Southern Gospel group, but my parents listened to them all the time when I was little, and I've always been fascinated by their harmony. Also, this is just a great song!

Yaweh - The Hoppers This song, suggested by my little sister, goes through Jesus' whole life, culminating in His resurrection! The bridge in this song is so, so powerful!


He's Alive - Lauren Talley Personally, this song is not one of my favorites, but because I know a lot of people like it, I included my favorite version with Lauren Talley.


The Easter Song - Glad Again, this is just a really good song, and I love acapella music. (And when you want a laugh/cringe, watch the music video for this...)



Because He Lives - Bill Gaither My dad suggested this one. This song gives me so much hope. Sometimes, I focus on the future Easter promises, but Easter also promises a present, blessed by the presence of God! Praise the Lord!


Resurrection Morn - Collingsworth Family This is more about the Christian's resurrection, but it's such a good song, I had to include it. And after all, isn't that is what Easter is all about? We will rise because He rose!

I hope you all have a blessed Easter! He is risen indeed! What are some of your favorite Easter songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D