Sunday, May 15, 2016

Question Post // Also Some Thoughts on God, Waiting, and Life


Okay, so I just remembered that my second blogoversary is next week! Ahhhhhhhh!! So to celebrate, I'm gonna do a Q and A again! Yay!! This was so much fun last year, and I can't wait to see what you all come up with this time. I'll post my answers some time after next Friday!! So ask away. Now onto the real reason for this post.

Just some random thoughts and things God's been teaching me that I need to put somewhere. You know the feeling. That's why we blog XD

1) Waiting is hard. I thought I had conquered it. I thought I had learned to thrive in the unknown. Not so, my friends, not so. Some stuff has made me realize that I actually am still pretty bad at waiting and being patient. But God's been teaching me. Today, he brought Isaiah 40:31 to mind which says They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. I always have used this verse as a sort of prayer for strength. But today it struck me that if I wait on God, He's gonna give me as much strength to wait on Him even more!

2) God loves me so much and I can feel his leading in my life. He always knows just what I need. Even when what I pray for is very tiny in comparison to the big stuff in my life right now, He always answers my prayer in His own way! God has just been showing Himself to me recently though this whole thing with Nashville. Don't get me wrong, I love Phoenix and am gonna hate leaving, but for the past few years I've always thought of Nashville as the place I would love to move if I had to. And then God's like BAM here ya go! Oh and it's music city and probably 60% of the people in my dream career field live in the state. So that's cool.

3) Speaking of career field, I've moved my Southern Gospel blog over here for several reasons. So go look in my archives if you want to see some more posts :D

4) I literally can't see two steps in front of me. I'm kind of scared. Yes, I met amazing people and made a lot of new friends in the music industry a few weeks ago, but after Stamps-Baxter this summer, I don't see a path ahead of me. It's scary not knowing what college I'm going to or even if I'll be going to a physical college or if I'll have a job as a Southern Gospel pianist in a few months. I have high hopes and dreams but there's a lot of decisions to be made that you just can't base on hopes. But you know what, God has my future and I can rest in that. This fall, I'll either be happily attending community college, or traveling with a group, or who knows what. God knows and that's what matters, but y'all don't know how much I wish I knew....

5) Friends are amazing. Technology is amazing. In the past two months, I've made so many friends. And I can stay connected to them through technology! I know teenagers get ragged on for always being on their phones, but what about those friendships that literally only occur over the internet and cell service? (Yes, I know there's a balance still :) ) There's just so. many. people. who I only have contact with through my phone. And especially with this move coming up and me basically knowing nobody my age in Nashville, I'm just so thankful for technology and keeping up with friends!

6) Finally, I'm starting to get excited about moving. (I'd be more excited if we had a house, but hey, whatever...)  I mean, for the first time in my life, I won't be the oldest in my school and I'll get to pick my friends. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO grateful for the friends I have right now, but I can't wait to get to a larger pool where I can actually find people who like the same things I like. That's why I love all of you blogging friends. We all have similar interests, and that's rarely happened to me "in real life"!!! So #YouDaBest

Anyway, there's some thoughts on what God is doing in my life and what not. If you got to the end, congrats :D Don't forget to ask away!!1

3 comments:

  1. Nashville is a BEAUTIFUL city. Best wishes, & happy blogoversary. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, good luck dear! I hope you guys find a house soon, and then everything will go all right!

    Now some random questions:
    1. What was your first 'fandom'?
    2. Do you have a middle name?
    3. Have you ever read two books in one day?
    4. What accent is your favourite to mimic?
    5. Has a stranger ever told you something weird? What?

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! Also, I tagged you for the 3 Day Quote Tag! If you're interested, you can check it out here: http://fireflysstoryspace.blogspot.com/2016/05/3-day-quotes-tag-23.html

    Questions...
    Why did you start a blog?
    What's your favorite part of blogging?
    Worst book you ever read?
    Favorite social media?

    ReplyDelete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D