Friday, July 1, 2016

June 2016: 2016 is Halfway Over What

June! Wow, that was a whirlwind! So. Much. Happened. But I actually can't remember what I did Monday... (Like seriously, did we go anywhere? *checks Twitter* No it was just rainy and cloudy and our neighbor kids came over...)

This is in a backyard!!!! What even!!!
And 2016 is already halfway over!!! I actually don't know how I feel about that. On the one hand, it's been exciting, but on the other, man, 2016 is halfway over!!!!! Anyway, here's how June went down according to my faulty memory aided by Twitter. Also, it's almost midnight but my body doesn't feel sleepy enough for bed so I'm writing this XD

The moving saga is basically done
To start, we got moved into our house woot woot! And now I have my own room! Kinda... We split our loft in half using dividers and the back half is mine even though there's no door. It's a little small but that's okay because I usually just rotate between the desk and my keyboard which are right by each other :D

Now, I'll have to get around to doing a whole post on the differences between Nashville and metro Phoenix, but as Elizabeth Anne asked if it was a lot cooler, here's the answer: yes and no. It IS cooler temperature wise BUT humidity makes things hotter. HOWEVER it's still way cooler than Phoenix. For Pete's sake, I've gone OUTSIDE and enjoyed it every afternoon this week! And I can actually go for a run while the sun's up without LITERALLY dying. So it's hot, but still bearable.

Conversation everybody has with us when they learn we're from Phoenix:
Them: Oh, you're from Phoenix! It must be cooler here, but that humidity must make it about the same haha!
Us: hehehehehe... no *tries to explain oppressive heat that lasts for 6 straight months to people who have experienced 4 distinct seasons their whole life*

You can see the huge map of TN if you look closely
We've gone to downtown Nashville a few times. There's a park called Bicentennial Mall that's really pretty. It has this historical walk and a HUGE map of Tennessee. My siblings and I also walked up the bajillion stairs to the capital building and tried to not look suspicious...

The Collingsworth Family tho!!!!
By Sunday, I'll have been to 4 gospel concerts in 10 days and 5 this month!!! Now THAT is why you should move to Nashville!!

I did get my drivers license but I still don't drive by myself yet so it doesn't feel like that big of a deal :)  I'm more excited by the fact that I actually have TN ID so I can do stuff like get a library card and sign up for college.

I applied for the local community college which is cool. I'm heading for an associates degree in English right now. That means I don't have to make any big decisions for 2 years haha! (Except nothing in my life is easy so just ughhhhhh lost transcripts and mandatory orientation sessions while I'm out of town....)

I also got a fr - I wrote that then stopped writing and I'm not sure what I was going to say but feel free to speculate ;)

Annnd I found a piano to record YouTube videos on through some generous friends! So here ya go! Hopefully, I'll have more opportunities to play in church coming soon.



Anywho, June's been a great month! How has yours been?

Looking forward:
Music Camp - July 10 FINALLY
College - August 22 save me someone
I literally have no idea what the rest of my life holds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 comments:

  1. So awesome!!! I'm so excited for you! English majors ftw. Woot woot! Do you miss Phoenix, or is Tennessee just too awesome? What kind of music camp? Have you ever moved before? I has all the questions. XD Lovely arrangement, I wish I was more diligent in playing the piano... I had something else I was going to say, but I forgot what it was... It must be contagious. XD
    Anyhow, this July I moved to Oregon for an indefinite period of time... So that happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. English majors yesssssss

      I do miss Phoenix so much but TN is pretty awesome. Like I enjoy Phoenix as a place more (probably) but the opportunities I get in TN are so much better and I just know it's not God's will for me to be in Phoenix rn. It's a southern gospel music camp. I moved from VA to AZ when I was 6, and then had 3 houses in 11 years in AZ. And then we moved to TN XD Thanks!!!! I can't wait to hear more about your Oregon adventures!!!!! Have fun!!!

      Delete

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D