Thursday, August 25, 2016

What's Up!

Hey folks, I know I suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth, but I thought I'd pop in to say hi! I went to write a post the other day, and I realized I didn't really have anything, and I didn't feel like thinking of something... So I didn't post...

Anyway, college has started (Journalism major), and by next week, I plan to be in a routine (praise the Lord). Hopefully, this means I'll be blogging more, but we'll see. Maybe I'll write about the life and times of an online learning discussion board because those are really awkward... And I really need to catch up on my Goodreads reviews.

ANYWAY

Right now, I only have class Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00-12:30 (ewww I know, but it's only 2x a week!) So today feels like a Friday which is GLORIOUS!!! And a reason to procrastinate. In reality, I don't HAVE to do anything because all my homework is done for this week, but you know me, there's always something I could do...

I know you're DYING to know what classes I'm taking so here ya go:

Fundamentals of Speech Communication - I thought I was gonna hate this class, but it's actually really fun. My professor is awesome, and I like that group of classmates the best so far!

College Algebra - I enjoy doing algebra, so this has been pretty fun. Also, because the class homework is done completely online, the professor told us we could finish as fast as we could if we wanted!!!!! I'm a very self-motivated, let-me-get-this-done-right-now person, so that's amazing!

Experiencing Literature - You would think this would be my favorite class, but I don't know yet. We did have a very great discussion on Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne today. This is the class that will make me think the most, and if any class is gonna drive me back to the Bible, it's gonna be this one!

Spanish - All online. So far so good. It's the second beginner class so nothing too hard. I was 5 points away from the intermediate class, but in a way that's a good thing because I already know most of the stuff in this level!

Music Appreciation, the class I was the MOST excited about, got cancelled because there were only three people in that time slot :(

I'm excited for college because I'm 1) making friends 2) getting a degree 3) actually enjoying a normal person experience (as opposed to my tiny high school :D) and 4) getting it done! Y'all know I REALLY want to be a southern gospel pianist full-time, so this journalism degree is for me to use as a freelance writer someday and to fall back on if piano doesn't work out. Some days I'm impatient to get done, but right now I'm trying to enjoy the process! It's actually not that hard because I'm enjoying my classes and work, but once the novelty wears off, contenment might be a struggle!

Also, I'm playing piano for my church's school choirs AND I'm teaching piano there! I'm getting paid to do what I love, and that's SO AMAZING! I'm also doing a freelance writing project, so that's really fun too!

All in all, life is pretty good and actually stable right now. I know that could change at anytime (just cuz life!), so I'm trying not to take it for granted! How have you all been?

See ya next week, hopefully, for the August Review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many comments. Such wow. Much happiness. Very awesomeness. I know that's not entirely correct grammar, but that's how comments make me feel! Feel free to leave one expressing anything from what color shoes you're wearing to how much you disagree with my opinion :D